In this episode Andy and Crystal get the opportunity to talk to Sarah Lavender Smith and she answers listeners’ questions on trail running.
Sarah is a long-distance runner, coach, writer and mom of two teens. In 2017, she released her book, The Trail Runner's Companion: A Step-by-Step Guide to Trail Running and Racing, from 5Ks to Ultras.
Links from the episode:
- 4-Day San Juan Running Camp with Sarah
- More on Sarah’s coaching
- Sarah’s Blog post Lessons from Ultras that Help in Real-Life Struggles
Trail running topics we cover include:
- How to get started
- How to avoid falls
- Trail safety (watch out for any cows)
- Fear of animals
- Injury prevention
- Getting faster
- Hill running
- Training when you don’t have easy access to trails
- What to eat
- Difference between road running and trail running culture
Call or text us at 513-486-4636
Save 20% on SWORD Performance Products by using discount code:HEARTLANDRUNNER at checkout
Check out Steve Durbin’s races at Durbin Race Management and use discount code HRP15 to save 15%.
A special thank you goes out to The Ozark Mountain Daredevils for allowing us to use their music on the show.